When I first started working with a client Adrian, he was working big hours, turning over big numbers but had next to nothing to show for it at the end of the month.
His problem? Being a perfectionist who worked HARD, not SMART.
Adrian needed to learn to delegate. He was doing everything from client liaison to installation to admin. Basically he spent his 70+ hour week putting out fires.
He needed to master the art of delegation.
As a business owner, it’s not enough to simply be an expert in your field. You need to lead.
If you’re not inspiring, leading and pushing your team, you will be stuck in your business forever.
If you are facing the same challenges as Adrian (i.e. long hours, and limited cashflow) I would imagine that most people in your business are reporting directly to you… With a steady stream of fires to put out, questions to answer, new ideas and other issues.
I’m here to tell you there is no need for that. If you’re in that situation now, one of the first things you need to focus on in order to increase your cash flow is:
Mastering the art of leverage and delegation.
Here are some tips to get you on the road to mastery:
- Choose what tasks to delegate: Get clear on how your time is best spent, and delegate the rest.
- Select best person for the job: This may be existing staff or highlight a need to employ new staff. Either way, get clear on what qualities will be required in order to get the task done best.
- Stop being a control freak: In order to leverage your time you’re going to have to learn to trust. Also give some space for your team to do the job their way.
- Be clear: Give clear assignments and instructions.
- Set deadlines: Establish specific deadlines with milestones.
- Give credit: Public and written credit will cause job satisfaction and loyalty.
- Include ownership: Delegate responsibility and authority, not just the task.
Delegation is a powerful and profitable skill to master.
Follow these simple steps and your team can never make the excuse “But you didn’t tell me that” or “I didn’t understand” or “I didn’t know you wanted me to do that”.
Find out how to be a more effective leader and master the art of delegation before you lose it all in our strategic 4-It System to break through business barriers. Click here for your FREE strategy call now. Limited bookings available.
Rob Kropp – The Profit Coach
About the 4It System for your business and life: The Make It, Manage It, Keep It, Grow It™ (4-It System) will help you structure your business in a way to make leveraged profit. Manage excess earnings so you can scale effectively. Keep more money in your top pocket. Then grow it, so you can play a much BIGGER game than just the business. Your wealth will expand as your financial freedom turns from a dream into a reality through building a business, living a life and leaving a legacy.
Connect with Rob Kropp:
YouTube – For useful tips in my short videos.
Facebook – To get daily inspiration that you can apply in your business and life.
LinkedIN – For professional networking and more tips.
Rob Kropp – The Profit Coach
Ever feel like your business has plateaued? Corie Morrad was stuck at the $1 million/year mark, working 100 hour weeks and never seeing his family…
But with a few tweaks to his business he’s now up to $4 million (and he’s got his life back).
See how we did it in this free video case study