Everyday, people are going through life blinded by opportunities to make money. The lack of opportunities is therefore not the problem.
That is why the process is called the Goal ‘Achievement’ Process… Because it’s designed to help you look inwards and engineer that internal purpose for creating wealth and to train your brain to see and capitalize on the opportunities.
When the VISION and WHY is big enough, the HOW TO’s take care of themselves…
The problem is not knowing the How To’s or where to find the help with them.
It has everything to do with not having that compelling ‘why’, that internal driving force to make the decisions and take action to make money and create wealth.
Opportunities are always around, the question is, will you engineer a vision so powerful, you can see them with your mind’s eye and be inspired to take action on those opportunities?
If you have not heard my story, I literally crashed and burned financially at the age of 26. It was so bad that I could not even afford to pay my parents rent after moving back home.
It was this time in life that I learned 3 powerful lessons about business, wealth and life.
Even though I was broke financially AND emotionally, it fuelled my obsession to learn about what it really took to succeed in business and become wealthy. Specifically what were the right Mindset, Strategies and Systems to build long term sustainable wealth.
I researched the areas of psychology, human behaviour and neuroscience and how they related business and wealth success.
Personally for myself, as I started clawing myself out of my financial mess, I found myself hitting new comfort zones, different levels of plateau’s and even times of stagnation both personally and in business.
There were times where I could not understand when I started meeting my debts and starting living the lifestyle that I was accustomed to, why was it that my business stopped growing?
I was telling myself and others that I was driven by making money, but my actions and behaviours showed a different story.
I lost the motivation to generate new leads, ask for referrals or push sales like I use to.
Consciously I wanted to help more people, but I just seemed to lose that internal drive I use to have. I knew what I had to do and was supposed to do, but I knew deep down that something was missing, something wasn’t right.
My biggest wake up call was when I realised that its not the lack of skill set or knowledge or the How To’s that hold us back…Its the ‘Why’.
Why do I want to build a business that serves ever-greater numbers of people? Why do I want to have a business that continually looks for ways to maximise profits? Why do I actually want to be financially free and create wealth in my life?
I had a double degree in Accounting and Financial Planning. I knew the ‘How To’s’ when it came to it all…I missed the Why. Boy was that a slap in the face.
During this time I was consulting with hundreds of people, and I found a common trend…
People who were stagnant or worse yet going backwards financially, was not necessarily the symptom of a bad economy, government, or poor marketplace. The lack of money is merely the symptom of a greater problem, not the cause.
Deeper to this, I found that these business owners (like I did) lacked meaning, purpose and had little clarity on where they are going financially and in life in general. Their stagnant business was merely a reflection of their stagnant life and no clear and meaningful vision for their future.
First you must engineer your VISION, underpinned by a compelling WHY.
Personally, when I finally figured out my own vision that was underpinned by a compelling why, it took me from a down and out business owner, earning $7,500 a month… to consistently earning $45,000 a month, in just 18 months… and that was just the beginning of the journey.
Let me give you a couple of client examples of how knowing your WHY and getting clarity around your VISION can create huge transformations…
Corie the Cleaner
- 10 years in business without any growth
- Time poor, therefore putting pressure on personal relationships
- Struggling to save anything even with good turn-over
- Increased turnover from $1.46m to $3.8m
- Able to save 10% of sales each month
- No longer works IN the business, focused on family and travel
- More confident about financial future than ever
And then there’s Simon the Dentist…
- Extremely stressed financially and personally, which was causing major relationship issues
- Working 70+ hours per week
- Less than $100 leeway in the budget and couldn’t pay his mortgage
- He works only 4 days a week, home by 5pm everyday
- Increased production from $350K to $1.4m allowing an extra $100,000 of personal income this year alone
- Has paid off a further $116,519 in loans, securing his confidence and financial security
- Travels every second month with family and now enjoys work and life
Over to you… What is your vision for the future? What really lights you up? What drives you?
In a recent article I introduced you to The Goal Achievement Process and how to engineer your vision.
Vision -> Why -> Beliefs -> Habits = Goal Achievement
An inspiring Vision, underpinned by a compelling Why, supported with empowering Beliefs and the alignment of consistent Habits = achievement of goals and living life on your terms…!
Well let me give you some more help with that…
How to Discover your WHY…
- What lights you up? What inspires you? What makes you feel alive? I’m not just talking about taking a holiday or driving a fast car, delve deeper than that. A why that is about being bigger than just you. It’s about taking what gets you up in the morning and using that to make a difference in the world, and have an impact that is unique to you.
- What are your talents? What strengths do you feel are inherent? It’s a feeling being ‘in your element’. It’s a time when productivity, adding value, enjoyment and fulfilment converge. It also happens to be a place where you can make more money!
- Where do you make the most difference? Knowing where you can add value can help you to focus on opportunities. Ask what problems you’re good at solving. This will help you to see what your natural strengths are.
- What’s your yardstick? How do you value yourself and measure your life? What do you stand for? What does being in alignment mean to you?
Living with vision and purpose means focusing on the things that matter to you most, which by the way are generally not ‘things’.
Now I realise that bills need to be paid and we don’t always have the luxury to go chasing our passion…
This may be true in the short term, but money and purpose can coexist. In fact, there is true power when they do.
When you get clear on your WHY you get clear in your driving force. And when that happens you can start to gain clarity on your vision.
Goals with ‘vision’ and a ‘why’ are achieved.
Once you are have clarity of your vision and it’s supported by a compelling why, step 3 of the goal achievement process is to support this with empowering beliefs. Click here to learn how beliefs create our reality.
Learn how to discover your compelling “why” to seize the right opportunities and achieve your goals with our proven 4-It System to grow your business in less time. Click here for your FREE strategy call now. Limited bookings available.
Rob Kropp – The Profit Coach
About the 4It System for your business and life: The Make It, Manage It, Keep It, Grow It™ (4-It System) will help you structure your business in a way to make leveraged profit. Manage excess earnings so you can scale effectively. Keep more money in your top pocket. Then grow it, so you can play a much BIGGER game than just the business. Your wealth will expand as your financial freedom turns from a dream into a reality through building a business, living a life and leaving a legacy.
Connect with Rob Kropp:
YouTube – For useful tips in my short videos.
Facebook – To get daily inspiration that you can apply in your business and life.
LinkedIN – For professional networking and more tips.